Dear Windermere Friends,
Last week I started this discussion on how Windermere can better serve the local church. I gave the first 5 aims last Wednesday.
Today let’s finish the list. Windermere aims to be:
6. A channel for support – in Matthew 28:20, Jesus made clear the Son of Man did not came to be served, but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many . All of us at Windermere want to clearly say this – we are NOT a competing program. It is our sincere desire to strengthen the organizational life of the church. We want to be described in these terms “team player” or “advocate” or “servant” for the local church. The local church is our hero!
7. An environment for fellowship – To have fellowship with Christ is to have fellowship with all other Christians. Windermere supports fellowship whenever campers and guests communicate with others and care for others. I have written many times this year about the healthiest ministries are marked by sweet fellowship.
8. A tool for teaching – In the New Testament believers were expected to grow in knowledge and grace toward full maturity in Christ (2 Peter 3:18; Ephesians 4:11-14) Windermere becomes the setting for teaching tools. Educators can spot those activities happening daily. We provide a setting conducive for learning, a laboratory or workshop for daily living, creative methodology for communicating Christian principles, a classroom for teaching-learning activities, stimulation for a line or direction of thinking, activities that lead to discovery, and all those tools lead to growth and development. I know why so many educators love Windermere.
9. An avenue for abundant living – Leisure activities are a key to healthy living. But it does depend on how they are used. At its best Windermere can be an opportunity for abundant living. We provide opportunity for a new way of living life, richer challenges, thoughtful ways to shape character, and innovative decision making that call for high ethical choices. Plus, you can’t have abundant life and not include total fun. I like to say it this way – Windermere can add years to your life and life to your years.
10. A place of service and an opportunity to serve – It has been said that nothing happens in the local church without leadership. Leadership is a must. A computer needs an operator. An automobile cannot operate without a driver. The healthiest churches develop leaders. There is no greater joy than to see a church’s servant leader excel in leadership skills while here at Windermere. The wise ministers know that if they are to equip the saints they must have opportunity to lead. Church friends, bring your leaders here to Windermere. We can help your leaders succeed.
Well there you have it. A long list but a thought provoking one. Pray for us here at Windermere. We need the Lord’s strength, daily.
It’s always a pretty day at the lake.
John W. Bailey
Office 573-346-5200 Ext. 2611