Dear Windermere Friends,
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your path.
Windermere is at a point now where we need our friends to give sacrificially to our ministry. Those of you who have been with us for a while, have heard this before. It is just the nature of our ministry. Our ministry has the greatest need at the end of the year in the season when guests are fewer.
The need your help, but more than anything else….we need the divine guidance of our Lord.
I feel 100% certain that God is calling 100 friends of Windermere to give at least $2000 to our ministry. But, I also know many of you might be saying…well he hasn’t told me to give $2000 to Windermere.
Well, if God has told me….why hasn’t God told you? How do Christians “get on the same page?”
I don’t think God wants to be evasive. This passage from Proverbs is a simple but profound one. Divine guidance begins with a right relationship with our Lord. After this requirement, anyone can purposely get on the same page with God’s will.
Here are the tangible steps for finding divine guidance. Especially as you pray about giving financially to Windermere:
- Trust – Make sure you are trusting God with your whole life. Our verse says “Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart.” There is no strain, no tug of war, nor is there any personal advantage to this. Windermere is asking for you to trust the Lord.
- Study – No human situation is untouched by the Bible. See Psalm 119:105, “Your word is a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path.”
- Pray – Pray for honesty of soul to know when motives are not right and for sanctified common sense to know how to judge the facts. Windermere continues to have needs, but we are seeing baby steps in our turn around. Seek God’s will in your giving.
- Decide – Taking the previous steps leads you to a time of decision. Remember that God is with His child and will mold the future in a way to bring good and to build his Kingdom.
God never promises us that we will know the end results. In this Proverb, God makes one promise – guidance. When we trust Him with all our life, we can be certain His will is being worked out in the circumstances of our life and in ministry. We can say with Jesus, “Father, into thy hands I trust my spirit.”
Three ways to make a tax exempt donation to Windermere:
- Make a check payable to Windermere Baptist Conference Center.
- Go to windermereusa.logosconnect.com set up an online donation using your credit card.
- Call and speak with a Windermere staff and make a credit card donation.
It is always a pretty day at the lake!