Week 22 – Authentic Community
One of our strategies at Windermere is to provide a time for authentic relationships. I for one believe that Windermere is in the people business. We serve our Lord by serving people.
God does some amazing ministry and he chooses to use some great people to get ministry done. Remember this verse…
How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of the herald,
who proclaims peace,
who brings news of good things,
who proclaims salvation,
who says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Isaiah 52:7
When God uses people for ministry life change happens. A temporary community at camp can make a lasting difference. I came across this list of the top five needs that people have. If you ask me there is no better place in world to have these needs met…. than at camp!
- Encouragement – The happiest people at camp are the ones who invest in getting to know others. Romans 14:19 calls it building up one another. There is something life changing about forgetting yourself and edifying one another.
- Appreciation – It was at camp where I learned the value of one person. Our camp Bible study that year was 1 Corinthians 13, the love chapter. A couple of weeks ago, we had, Youth with a Mission using camp to train future leaders on the mission field. When a missionary is appreciated then he or she is better equipped for service. Love and appreciation is life changing.
- Forgiveness – Once again Pleasant Valley Family Camp has blessed me. Last week at their family camp they had 5 people who found forgiveness and made a profession of faith at camp!
- Listening – The difference between hearing and listening is this – listening is wanting to hear. I love to see our Edge team going the extra mile at the annual Muscular Dystrophy Camp. Every zip is a time to hear from each child. The Edge team wants to hear. To give a child the gift of listening at camp is life changing.
- Understanding – The 5 most beautiful words are – I want to know you better. Where else but at camp do you have the time to get to know others? Sometimes a warm conversation with a cold ice cream, at the grill can be life changing.
I don’t know about you but if I could find a place where I could receive all five of those experiences, I would make that place #1 in my ministry. Come to camp at Windermere and you can understand and experience authentic community.
Student Wake Camp – Theme: Thrive
July 11-15, 2016
Windermere Baptist Conference Center
Students in Grades 7-12 along with their sponsors
Cost – $209 OUR DEADLINE is EXTENDED
Sign up today and get 2 free registrations
It is always a pretty day at the lake.