Dear Windermere Friends,
My Pastor loves this quote –
“Grace is not opposed to effort, it is opposed to earning.”
-Dallas Willard, The Great Omission: Reclaiming Jesus’s Essential Teachings on Discipleship
There is no way we can earn God’s favor….yet, we must be willing to give our greatest effort. If we ever think we deserve grace because we are a Christian ministry….we will fail. If we ever think ministry should come easily with no effort…we will fail. The Lord deserves our best effort!
I am proud of the team here at Windermere. We do not lack for effort. We have been working hard. All of our effort is for the Lord’s glory!
Windermere is placing our effort in ten strategic areas in 2016.
- We are working hard to improve our appearance.
- We are working hard to refinance the huge debt load we have carried since 2005.
- We are working hard to retain our faithful customers from years past.
- We are working hard to acquire new customers or long time former customers of Windermere.
- We are working hard to begin our own signature program – see Student Wake Camp below.
- We are working hard to show our donors that we are starting to turn the corner to better health.
- We are working hard to create the right environment for over 1,000 professions of faith in 2016.
- We are working hard to identify and hire two new maintenance workers in 2016.
- We are working hard to hire a new business and programming director
- We are working hard to earn the trust of all Baptists in Missouri and surrounding states.
I have enjoyed reading from The Message. It is a unique paraphrase of Scripture. Look at 2 Corinthians 4:8-12. This is the testimony of our effort the past year.
You know for yourselves that we’re not much to look at. We’ve been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we’re not demoralized; we’re not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we’ve been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn’t left our side; we’ve been thrown down, but we haven’t broken. What they did to Jesus, they do to us-trial and torture, mockery and murder; what Jesus did among them, he does in us-he lives! Our lives are at constant risk for Jesus’ sake, which makes Jesus’ life all the more evident in us. While we’re going through the worst, you’re getting in on the best!
Help us spread the news about our student camp!
Student Wake Camp
July 11-15, 2016
Windermere Baptist Conference Center
Students in Grades 7-12 along with their sponsors
Cost – $209 (Deposits $50 person due by April 15, 2016)
Thrive: God’s Grace for the Journey
“Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you….”1 Peter 5:10
It is always a pretty day at the lake.