Dear Windermere Friends,
This week Windermere launches our online donation option.
As of this week those who wish to donate to our ministry can go to our web page, click a button, set up your account for how much and how long you want to give and then attach your credit card information. That’s it. You are done. Piece of cake.
One of the most amazing things that ministries, nonprofits and churches are seeing nowadays is the growth of online giving. In the year 2011, donations to nonprofits grew by 1.5% while online giving grew by 14%. Why? Both donors and ministries have discovered advantages in online giving.
Here are the top 5 advantages to online giving
1. Wide acceptance – many people now say that the only check they write is the one to their church or to a ministry. More people would rather swipe a card then write a check. Online banking is growing as well.
2. Stability in collections – better decisions are made when there is a steadiness to giving. Donors can set up their giving pattern and forget it. It is not affected by vacations, bad weather or by memory. Windermere would greatly benefit by a steady donation stream especially during the non-summer months when we have fewer guests. Besides the faithful and fervent prayers of our friends, this could be the greatest way you could help Windermere in the coming months.
3. Security – credit card companies have comprehensive guidelines for merchants who accept credit cards. We are required to comply with these guidelines in order to be approved for accepting payments with credit cards. Our software follows all those guidelines and practices. Windermere is a secure place for online giving
4. Convenience – this, perhaps, is the biggest advantage for a person or family that gives to Windermere. You can schedule your payments to Windermere from the convenience and safety of your home. You don’t have to worry about forgetting your checkbook or carrying cash. By going through a few steps you can make a monthly donation for the next twelve months and schedule it on a particular day of each month. Before that date you will get an e-mail letting you know a charge will hit your card on this day. Easy.
5. Attracting younger generations – younger folks are going to be more active in a ministry when they can use the means and technology that they use in their daily lives. Windermere needs to be appealing to younger minister and families.
So how can you help? I would like to challenge the friends of Windermere to –
Go to www.windermereusa.logosconnect.com and set up a monthly donation of $10 a month for 12 months (or one year). With that small amount, Windermere can become more efficient and effective in the ministry of seeing lives changed on our campus.
Pray about giving and set up your account this week!