9 Strategies to live abundantly in 2020.
I love fall! The changing of the seasons, holiday festivities & enjoying the abundant harvest this season brings. Not just the amazing harvest of food enjoyed as we gather with family around tables, but also the fruit of our labor for the year.Just as a farmer evaluates and inspects the harvest for the year so should we in our own lives.
In Galatians 5:22-23, Paul gives us a wonderful guideline to help us become “fruit inspectors” in our own lives through the 9 “Fruit of the Spirit” Over these next several posts we are going to do just that. Take a closer look into how we live the abundant life through Christ in our own lives.
Before we dive in, We need to ask why do we need the Fruit of the Spirit in our own lives?
In the Greek the word “fruit” means “a natural product of a living thing.” How exciting is it to know that we are the product of a living God. Fruit results from planted seeds. When seeds grow, they bear fruit. Fruit represents our outward, visible behaviors. Every Christian should embrace this list of inward qualities and evaluate ourselves and put them into action. In doing so, Paul says in Galatians 5:16, “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.”
The 9 Fruit of the Spirit.
Take a moment to evaluate yourself
- Love: Is my living and leading motivated by my love for people?
- Joy: Do I exhibit an unshakable joy no matter what circumstances?
- Peace: Do people see my inward peace and take courage?
- Long-suffering: Do I wait patiently for the results?
- Kindness: Am I caring and understanding towards those I come in contact with?
- Goodness: Do I want the best for others and their success?
- Faithfulness: Have I kept my commitments?
- Gentleness: Is my strength under control? Can I be firm, but tender?
- Self-Control: An I disciplined to refrain from exhibiting unhealthy actions, thoughts & attitudes?