Dear Windermere Friends,
I have a friend, Richard, who really motivates me. He said this in a book he wrote, “Average people become thankful people by expressing thanks.” Simple and true.
I really need to say thank you more often. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says this, “gives thanks in all things.” The Apostle Paul says to be thankful “in” things not necessarily “for” all things.
I shared these with my Windermere team and board this past week. What are you thankful?
Thank God that:
- You have something important to do everyday.
- You will see the face of God someday.
- You sleep indoors.
- You have the capacity to love.
- The God-directed union of two disparate genes made you who you are.
- You saw the end of the Cold War.
- Somebody remembered to save the parks.
- You can arrange healthcare for people who depend on you.
- You have access to a washing machine.
- There are restrooms wherever you go.
- Food is available.
- Dental work is becoming less painful.
- Someone takes your garbage away.
- At the time of Noah, God decided to give us another chance.
- Jesus didn’t change his mind in the garden.
- God made two sexes.
- The resurrection happened.
- Many surgeries take just one day.
- You can read.
- Someone remembered your birthday.
- Ice cream can be fat-free.
- God forgives and gives second chances.
- State fairs don’t exhibit people in iron lungs anymore.
- You will never be sold in an auction.
- You will never be in junior high again.
- God likes you.
- Once in a while someone says thank you.
Go to windermereusa.logosconnect.com and set up a monthly donation of $10 a month for 12 months (or one year). With that small amount, Windermere can become more efficient and effective in the ministry of seeing lives changed on our campus.
It is always a pretty day at the lake!