Dear Windermere Friends,
“And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.”
Many times over the past year, I have prayed that Christ will be lifted high in every part of Windermere’s ministry. Of the twenty thousand guest we have each year at Windermere, I am sure most know and love Jesus. But, if you ask me, I would say they know only Jesus as a friend.
This summer I heard many a testimony that said “I just love Jesus.” I guess what they means is that Jesus is helping them get through the tough things in life. Jesus can, and does, intervene in many situations of life. I think many think of Jesus as there for me….it is the “me” that is concerning. Sometimes, I think our picture of Jesus is too small. A small Jesus is not life-changing. A small Jesus just helps me like a buddy.
In Colossians, we are told that Jesus has a place of supremacy. Jesus is not some “good luck charm” that we can pull out of our pocket when we want things. He is not some kind of mascot. Jesus is our Monarch. Jesus is ruling and reigning at the right hand of the Father!
In 2016, I pray that Windermere will be a place of life-changing encounters with Jesus. I pray that Jesus will be SUPREME. My friend Richard Ross says this, “what would it look like if teenagers and adults worshipped Christ as their…
- Sovereign Son of the Father reigning at His right hand;
- Triumphant Victor over sin, death and Hades;
- Glorious Conqueror, the dominating personality for all ages to come;
- Unequivocal Commander of heaven’s hosts, ready to obey his every word;
- Indisputable Judge of peoples and nations to whom all must give an account;
- Undeniable Ruler of history, overseeing its path and its outcome;
- Incomparable King of an empire who ultimately will fill creation with His power and piety;
- Irreplaceable Head and Heart of a people whom he has bought with His own blood;
- Reigning Redeemer of the church universal, militant and triumphant;
- Supreme Lord in this moment just as fully as He will be Supreme Lord at the end of time.”
The only way that Windermere can provide a Christian environment for life change is for Christ to reign supremely. It is less about me and more about Jesus….our authority and King.
Help us spread the news about our student camp!
John W. Bailey