Dear Windermere Friends,
My last eleven months at Windermere has been like swinging on a trapeze without a safety net. Ministry that makes a difference can be that way,no safety net and yet God provides the miracles.
Have you heard the story of William Borden? I love a good missionary story! He was from the wealthy Borden Dairy Farms family, who then surrendered to missions. While in China he succumbed to spinal meningitis and died at the age of 25. Yet, miraculously he left one million dollars to a missionary organization. How does one make a sacrifice like that? On the leaf of his Bible, was found his life motto, “No reserves, no retreat, and no regret.”
Windermere has seen some excellent accomplishments in 2015. We will end up with about 20,000 guests. Those 20,000 guests have stayed approximately
65,000 nights. We are the most thrilled with this statistic – according to our tracking over 1,000 people made a profession of faith while at Windermere in 2015. Praise the Lord. Yet, in spite of these wonderful statistics, this ministry has very substantial costs associated with it.
Windermere needs the last 10% of our $2.9 million dollar budget to come in by donations, before the end of the year. I wish I could say it another way but I cannot. Windermere’s financial turnaround requires major gifts.
- When the Israelites gave themselves and their belongings to construct the tabernacle in the wilderness, their response was so quick and passionate they had to be told not to give anymore. Exodus 36:6-7
- When the people in Jerusalem rallied around Nehemiah and rebuilt the wall, the response was quick and passionate resulting in record breaking achievement. Nehemiah 2:17-18; 4:6; 6:15-16
- King David’s response after Araunah offered David, free of charge, his property on which to build an altar. It was both passionate and quick. Remember these words from David – “I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God which costs me nothing.” 2 Samuel 24:24
Yes, at Windermere there is no safety net, but we do know the Lord of miracles. Is God calling you to give? Please send a gift to Windermere today! Let’s give like we have never given before. With passion, quickness; and with “no reserves, no retreat and no regret.”
Three ways to make a tax exempt donation to Windermere:
- Make a check payable to Windermere Baptist Conference Center and mail to PO Box 458 Roach, MO 65787.
- Go to windermereusa.
logosconnect.com and set up an online donation using your credit card.
- Call and speak with a Windermere staff member and make a credit card donation.
It is always a pretty day at the lake!
John W. Bailey
Office 573-346-5200 Ext. 2611