Dear Windermere Friends,
Windermere is blessed to partner with over 250 groups every year. I feel it is important for every group leader to know that the Windermere team is called just like they are.
The reason we are in the camping and conference ministry is because we feel God has called us to play a role in seeing lives changed. Every maintenance guy, cook, lifeguard, housekeeper, and many volunteers have a similar call to group leaders all over the country.
Here are a few things I wish I could tell group leaders.
1. Treat us as colleagues in ministry not as people you are forced to do business with. We can work together for life change. That is way better than treating us like a bargain hunter looking for the best deal.
2. Read all our communication with you, especially the contract, well in advance of your event. It is always better to handle things up front. With a thousand people a week coming in, there are things that break, need attention or have changed for the season. If we can communicate up front, I guarantee you my Windermere team will bend over backwards to help.
3. Visit the campus before your event. Our sales team would love to meet you and take you on a tour. We will feed you lunch too.
4. Make sure that you clearly spell out your expectations and see if there is anything unwritten that must be considered. For example, if you want coffee early for your leaders then tell us before 11:00 pm the previous night (Anything last minute is more expensive, too).
5. Let us hear your prayers requests for your event. We meet every week and would love to pray for your camp.
6. While at camp, please pay attention to the rules. This is where we have the biggest reoccurring issues. Group leaders must communicate the rules to their participants. It makes for a better week.
7. Take leadership in how participants treat our Windermere team. This year I had a very tough conversation with a group leader whose students left very demeaning notes in the bathrooms for our housekeeping team.
8. It would be a HUGE blessing if groups encouraged my team. Kitchen, housekeeping, summer staff, maintenance are all hard working decent folks who love the Lord. A friendly word, or note helps my team to remember that what they do matters.
It is a joy to serve all the groups that come to Windermere. Every time a group steps on our campus it is a sacred time for us. It is a time for the Savior to change lives!
Please help us with a donation –
Go to windermereusa.logosconnect.com and set up a monthly donation of $10 a month for 12 months (or one year). With that small amount, Windermere can become more efficient and effective in the ministry of seeing lives changed on our campus.
It is always a pretty day at the lake!
John W. Bailey
Office 573-346-5200 Ext. 2611