Week 11 – Pelicans
I have noticed a strange phenomenon on the lake by my house. There is a group of pelicans. They huddle up together and rest. Sometimes they fly around but most of the day they sort of rest or roost together.
I was not sure what to call a flock of pelicans. How about you? Admit it; you don’t know either. I had to look it up. They are called – a squadron, pod or scoop. American White Pelican populations breeding east of the Rocky Mountains migrate south and east, mostly along river valleys, to winter along the Gulf of Mexico.
Windermere has been a resting point for thousands of Christians as they make their journey toward Christ. That is a tremendous opportunity and responsibility. God has a message for each migrating soul that steps on our campus! There is eternal life In Christ.
- Windermere can be a squadron for those seeking the Lord. A squadron is a team or a group willing to defend against the enemy. Thousands will come to Windermere to hear the amazing salvation message this year. The enemy can be defeated.
- Windermere can be a pod. A pod is like a shell or a husk that carries seeds. Just picture how students will be here taking careful first steps in following Christ this summer. Nearly one thousand will make professions of faith this year!
- Windermere can be like a scoop. I am reminded of the big ice scoop in our dining hall ice machine. It is able to gather and transfer a bunch of ice cubes quickly. Churches still gather children and youth and make camp a priority
yearly! One church saw 90 students make a profession of faith while at a Windermere camp.
The mission of Windermere is to provide a Christian setting for life-changing experiences.
The Bible says this in Hebrews 12:1-3 –
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Join the dozens that making an extra $100 a month gift to Windermere. How can you give? There are three ways you can make a tax deductible donation to Windermere –
- You make your check out to Windermere Baptist Conference Center
- You may make a donation by credit card by going to our website – Go to logosconnect.com
- You can donate an investment such as stocks, CD’s, etc. It is a simple process. Just give us a call and we can walk you through the steps.
It is always a pretty day at the lake.