Week 16 – Returning
One of the things I do each week as President is to look over all the contracts. I am to the point now where I say a quick prayer for each group and I look to see if I recognize the names. I love to see RETURNERS. Returners are people who understand what is valuable. Our sales team knows that retaining customers is the best way to achieve our goals.
I love the idea of RETURNERS. I am reflecting on the life of Jesus this week. All of us who follow Christ are returning to God. Remember Jesus’ confession on the cross? Father in your hands I commit my spirit. (Luke 23:46) His confession demonstrates that he trusted he was returning to the Father in heaven. Returners understand two simple truths.
- Returners have an eternal perspective. Trusting that you are returning to God gives you an eternal perspective. These kind of returners have a good sense of humor. The bumps in the road make you smile because you know the punch line. Your hope doesn’t lie in the toys we accumulate. I saw one T-shirt that said, “Those who die with the most toys…still die.”
- Returners know what is most valuable. We live in a world that places value on things according to their price tags. No matter the category, price equals value. Christians should not value things the way the world does. As followers of Christ we are returning to Jesus. It was Jesus who laid down his life for us in order that we can experience eternal life. That is our most valuable commodity.
In a few short weeks Windermere will be hosting thousands of campers. Can I ask you to pray? Most of the camps and conferences that are coming have spent thousands of dollars on developing the right theme, producing printed materials, enlisting speakers and bands etc. They have marketed to churches all over the country. They have been working on things for 12 months. All for two reasons–
- So that every campers will understand that eternity is precious.
- So that every camper will understand that the sacrifice of Christ on the cross is the most valuable commodity in the history of the world.
Pray for RETURNERS. Pray that many who come to Windermere will encounter our Savior and begin the journey of returning to Jesus.
Join the dozens that making an extra $100 a month gift to Windermere. How can you give? There are three ways you can make a tax deductible donation to Windermere –
- You make your check out to Windermere Baptist Conference Center
- You may make a donation by credit card by going to our website – Go to logosconnect.com
- You can donate an investment such as stocks, CD’s, etc. It is a simple process. Just give us a call and we can walk you through the steps.
It is always a pretty day at the lake.