In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says this “…if a man asks you to walk a mile with him, do it. Then walk another mile with him.” Matthew 5:41
Scandalous! Unheard of! Jesus was clearly referring to the Roman law that allowed any Roman soldier to stop a Jewish man on the road and compel him to drop what he was carrying in order to assist the Roman soldier in bearing his load. Or, the soldier could have simply made the Jew carry his load out of laziness or a power trip. But the law only required the Israelite to walk one mile for the soldier. Not two. Only one. So Jesus tells his listeners to go beyond obligation. The second mile is not an obligation, it is an opportunity.
I think Jesus is telling his followers the way we should live is beyond minimum expectations. I think we are way too quick to be satisfied with the absolute minimum. In the extra mile, the follower of Christian gets to see how, where and why God is at work. The extra mile is the miracle territory. We don’t need God in the first mile, we discover God in the extra mile.
Windermere is searching for 100 people to join our new 2018 pledge drive: 100 Giving $100 Campaign
- We anticipate a day coming soon of more people saved, more lives changed and more churches blessed while at Windermere
- This campaign is our plan to have a stronger, more stable financial picture each month in 2018
- Windermere needs at least 100 donors who are willing to give $100 a month additionally to what they already give
- Can you imagine what could happen in our ministry if we have $10,000 more a month and over $100,000 more in our budget for the year? Improvements could accelerate. More lives would be reached for our Lord! More churches blessed by their stay
I am excited by the response from our Board of Trustees at Windermere. We received 100% participation from the Windermere Board of Trustees. We now only need 89 more people who will join the pledge drive to support the future of Windermere!
You will receive a letter from me asking for your help. Sign up today. Be one of the 100 going the extra mile.
- Yes, I would like to join by pledging $100 a month in addition to my normal donation each month in 2018! I understand that I may revise my commitment at any time, as the Lord leads.
How can you give? There are three ways you can make a tax-deductible donation to Windermere –
- You can make your check out to Windermere Baptist Conference Center
- You may make a donation by credit card by going to our website – Go to windermereusa.logosconnect.com
- You can donate an investment such as stocks, CD’s, etc. It is a simple process. Just give us a call and we can walk you through the steps.
It is always a pretty day at the lake.